FINALLY 5-Star Grand Luxury hotel in Malaga City to open in 2016
One of Málaga’s most beautiful buildings was originally a hotel between 1926 and 1967, it has since been the venue of the Courts of Malaga for the past 40 years. Now a renowned Spanish hotel chain are restoring this magnificent building to its former glory. The opening is scheduled for the summer of 2016.
Once finished this will be Málaga’s first five-star gran luxury hotel.
The hotel offers an unbeatable location on the sea just a short walk from the city centre and the new port. The ground area covers almost 13,000 square meters, located in the heart of the city, the hotel will feature 200 luxury rooms, the original meeting spaces perfect for major events, as well as its extension of terraces and gardens ideal for outdoor events.
The hotel in addition has 9,000 square meters of gardens with mature trees, a grand terrace with sea view and swimming pool.
Built by the architect Fernando Guerrero Strachan in 1926 it was inaugurated by King Alfonso XIII with the name of Prince of Asturias Hotel, hosting during those times many illustrious royalty guests and European bourgeoisie. During the Spanish Civil War, the hotel became the hospital of the city, until 1939. After the war, the hotel continued its activity as a hotel, until it closed in 1967 because of economic issues.
This emblematic building has been closed since the Ministry of Justice bought it and became the headquarters of the courts of Málaga. In 2007, he moved to the current City of Justice, allowing the hotel to recover its original use.